Friday, December 11, 2009

From Stacey

Hello, all,

I just got the news today of Dariusz' passing. I am so shocked and saddened, as I know you all are too. I thought I would start this blog so we can share information, stories, etc. It will be easier and more connecting than sending lots of separate emails back and forth. Please feel free to post here about how you knew Dariusz, the impact he had on your life, as well as any information you might have about gatherings in his honor over the next couple of weeks. It helps to be together at times like this.

I heard about Dariusz through a friend who had gone to see him for a reading. The first time I saw him I was nervous, thinking what was I doing going to a strange man's apartment in downtown Seattle with very little information about who he was or how safe I would be? I actually told a friend at my workplace where I was going, in case I didn't return... Immediately, Dariusz put me at ease. He was so funny, down to earth, and irreverent. I have seen him so many times over the years--for readings (both alone and with my partner), soul retrievals (mine and others') and classes. He has been impactful with regard to some of the biggest decisions in my life--relationships, work, professional projects, family relationships.

One of my favorite things was when he would laugh at the spirit guides who were talking to him from beside me or over my head--or when he would "shoosh" them, telling them to be quiet until he was done explaining something to me. Also his humor and candidness were completely disarming. I had a good laugh and a good blush during many readings.

Please join me in remembering Dariusz. This is such a huge loss to the community of friends, colleagues, healers, clients, family and chosen family who have had the honor of knowing him.